Frans and Bronwen Stiene interview Rick Vrenios from the USA about combining Reiki and massage in a treatment.
Many practitioners today have more than one practice up their sleeves. This can be beneficial for practitioners from a business perspective as they are then able to offer a greater variety of treatments to their clients. It is also common for many massage therapists to include a touch of Reiki within their treatments with clients often commenting on how much they enjoy this combination.
Rick and his wife, Connie, are the founders of The Reiki Council and The Sanctuary School of Massage in Illinois, and they have created a technique from their two favourite practices: it is called Reiki-ssage.
Rick talks about:
- The benefits of working with touch.
- Supporting the body, not only energetically, but, physically.
- The importance of releasing tension.
- Why they created Reiki-ssage and what it entails.
- How a sense of “opportunity” can come from combining these practices.
- When not to massage.
- What is Health?
- Learning about Sacred Inner Space.
- How these two practices when joined together can inform and support nurses, physicians and chiropractors.
Bronwen and Frans Stiene are the co-founders of the International House of Reiki and co-authors of The Reiki Sourcebook, The Japanese Art of Reiki, Your Reiki Treatment, The A-Z of Reiki Pocketbook and the Reiki Techniques Card Deck. Bronwen and Frans teach in the USA, Europe and Australia. Visit the Courses page to find a course near you.