Frans is interviewed by Dr Amy Robbins, Clinical Psychologist – Life, Death & the Space Between Podcast
How can we heal ourselves and others?
Today I talk with Frans Stiene, a major influence on the global research into the system of reiki since the early 2000s. His practical understanding of the Japanese influence on the system has allowed students around the world to connect deeply with this practice. He’s the co-founder of the International House of Reiki and the Shibumi International Reiki Association, and the author of The Inner Heart of Reiki, Reiki Insights, and the new The Way of Reiki – The Inner Teachings of Mikao Usui, among others.
Listen in to hear how Frans defines and understands reiki, how it relates to different symbols, energy, healing, and more.
Topics We Discuss:
- [1:52] Traditionally the word reiki was pointing to your own true nature, your essence, your inner, great bright light. There were very specific practices within the system of reiki in order to really lay that luminosity bare.
- [6:29] When we let go of the ego, we have direct unification with what is, with our minds and the universe. When that happens, a lot of energy starts to emanate from us and we can start to help others with that energy.
- [16:20] The precepts in the system of reiki are: do not anger, do not worry, be grateful, be true to your way of being, and be compassionate to yourself and others. Ultimately within your inner bright light—your inner luminosity—there is no anger or worry; the more we let go of that, love and kindness automatically come forward.
- [22:18] If your mind is distracted, automatically your energy is distracted. Our mind affects our energy and our body. If we’re angry, it will constrict my energy; it’s very obvious. But in a lot of healing practices, this isn’t taught.
- [25:12] There’s a merger of energy between healer and the person being healed; which is why the healer’s energy is so important. If the healer is using their energy to heal, it must be luminous. The more we practice for ourselves and the healing deepens for us, the more we can help others.
- [28:02] Often humans like to do things; we like to stimulate our energies, but this can make that energy distracted. Instead, we can go into a very deep state of mind where it feels like we’re like the sun, then all we have to do is simply let that sun shine.
- [32:10] When we have a taste of expansion, freedom, or returning to ourselves, then we have an address and know how to get back there. If we have that taste, then we can continue to practice and know if we’re on the right path or not.