Frans and Bronwen Stiene interview Mari Stevenson, Chair of the UK Reiki Regulatory Working Group.
The UK Reiki community has been working steadily towards voluntary self-regulation. Tune in here to find out why, how it has worked so far and where it is heading.
The UK Reiki Regulatory Working Group (RRWG) was set up by representatives of a number of Reiki organisations in collaboration with the Prince of Wales’s Foundation for Integrated Health. Its mission is to explore and establish public and professional standards to regulate the practice of Reiki in the UK.
All Reiki practitioners should be aware of what is happening regarding the regulation of Reiki today. There is a global bent towards regulating natural therapies and it appears that the UK may well be leading the way.
Mari talks about the self-regulatory process that has taken place over the last 6 years in the UK and discusses:
- The commonalities, not just between Reiki organisations, but natural therapies in general
- Receiving funding from the Prince’s Foundation (formerly known as the Prince of Wales’s Foundation for Integrated Health)
- Conducting feedback with the Reiki community
- The RRWG Autumn 2006 Roadshows
- Working with the National Occupational Standards
- Her personal involvement with the process
Bronwen and Frans Stiene are the co-founders of the International House of Reiki and co-authors of The Reiki Sourcebook, The Japanese Art of Reiki, Your Reiki Treatment, The A-Z of Reiki Pocketbook and the Reiki Techniques Card Deck. Bronwen and Frans teach in the USA, Europe and Australia. Visit the Courses page to find a course near you.