Learn to heal yourself and others too
All Shoden graduates receive a 70 page Shoden Manual, FREE membership to the KI Campus and Certificate
Suitable for: Absolute beginners to energetically experienced practitioners. No-prerequisites required.
Pre-course training: Online Introduction to the system of Reiki at the Ki Campus (student website).
Training: in-person 2 days
Our Shoden Level I Reiki course will provide you with:
- Meditation techniques to strengthen and clear your energy
- A clearer understanding of the working of energy in your life and its benefits
- A spiritual connection to life helping you to feel happier and healthier
- The ability to heal the self and others using hand positions on or near the body
- Four attunements/reiju (blessings)
Optional Post-course training: A three week online follow-up Reiki training can be completed at the Ki Campus. This online training includes:
- Undertaking the Shoden Lessons which comprises multiple choice questions relating to the five main elements of the system of Reiki. This includes a 250 word essay
- Completing a daily routine of self-healing for 3 weeks
- Taking part in discussion on the Shoden forum
- Keeping a journal and including 3 excerpts for assessment
About Shoden Reiki Level I
Shoden is a Japanese word meaning ‘first teachings’.
It is the first level of teachings in the traditional Japanese branch of Reiki called Usui Reiki Ryoho.
Energy is a word that very few people can explain in all its complexities. You could read a book on it or be told all about it but it is the actual experience itself that teaches you.
Therefore a complete treatment is given and received by each participating student and many hands-on exercises are used in a group environment during Shoden. This practical experience leads to an inner understanding of energy.
Much of the course is spent working from this viewpoint, teaching you to work intuitively and to bring that instinctual balance into your everyday life. From experience it takes at least two days to gain this level of confidence. The methods used to teach this are based on both the experiential knowledge which you gain throughout the course as well as your own comprehension of technical ability.
Traditional Japanese Reiki meditation techniques are taught and practiced over the two days to build on this energetic knowledge and to aid your own healing process.
After completing Shoden in-person the student is asked to continue practising on oneself and complete the online teachings at the Ki Campus. This continues the energetic clearing, which was initiated during the course itself.
Healing is like ‘making whole’; creating balance in your life. The International House of Reiki sees the studying of the system of Reiki as a spiritual journey – one that is undertaken by you with every support offered during, and after, the course by the teachers.
Benefits of Shoden
- Learn to relax
- Gain a clear understanding of energy work
- Experience emotional and physical release
- Feel comfortable with yourself
- Develop your compassionate and loving aspects
- Help others
- Feel strong
- Be knowledgeable about the system of Reiki
- Receive individual ongoing attention and guidance from your teacher
- Belong to an international healing community, the International House of Reiki, and receive all the benefits of the centre’s great support systems
- Shoden students are encouraged to resit for a minimum fee for continuing education purposes.
Prior to booking in to a Reiki Level I course we recommend that you read The Japanese Art of Reiki. This book is practical and simple and will give you a solid grounding in, and understanding of, the basics of Reiki.
When you join one of our Reiki courses these basics will then be worked with and developed upon. You will not find a Reiki book anywhere that totally mirrors your Reiki course – that’s one of the great things you get when joining an International House of Reiki course. The whole professional package!
- Reiki and the Essence of Hands-on Healing
- Improve your Health & Reiki Practice with BreathWork
- The History of Reiki
- Reiki and Mindfulness